Friday, January 4, 2013

A WILLINGNESS TO GIVE

"For if there is first a willing mind, it is accepted according to what one has, and not according to what he does not have." (2 Corinthians 8:12). 
[NKJV STUDY BIBLE].


12 The phrase "according to your means" at the end of v.11 is now explained. Provided a gift is willingly given, its acceptability is determined solely on the basis of what a person might possess, not on the basis of what one does not own. God assesses the "value" of a monetary gift, not in terms of the actual amount given, but by comparing what is given with the total financial resources of the giver (see Mark 12:41-44). No one is expected to give "according to what he does not have."
[NIV BIBLE COMMENTARY Volume 2: New Testament].



[www.sowersoftheword.blogspot.com]. JESUS IS LORD.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year!
    Was just preparing a 'Get-Well-Soon' package for a Parent -- wishing I had more to give. God told me to pray over the blessing, and in a soft voice, directed me to check my Fb page. Thanks for this personal message. It is confirmation. I know my friend's spirit will be lifted, as we pray her healing in Jesus' name. Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete