Friday, June 15, 2012

HOW TO STAY IN THE LORD'S WILL AND GLORIFY GOD

   I AM the true Vine and My Father is the Vinedresser.
2 Any branch in Me that does not bear fruit-that stops bearing-He cuts away (trims off, take away). And He cleanses and repeatedly prunes every branch that continues to bear fruit, to make it bear more and richer and more excellent fruit.
3 You are cleansed and pruned already, because of the Word which I have given you-the teachings I have discussed with you.
4 Dwell in Me and I will dwell in you.-Live in Me and I will live in you. Just as no branch can bear fruit of itself without abiding in (vitally united to) the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you abide in Me.
5 I am the Vine, you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit. However, apart from Me-cut off from vital union with Me-you can do nothing.
6 If a person does not dwell in Me, he is thrown out as a [broken-off] branch and withers. Such branches are gathered up and thrown into the fire and they are burned.
7 If you live in Me-abide vitally united to Me-and My words remain in you and continue to live in your hearts, ask whatever you will and it shall be done for you.
8 When you bear (produce) much fruit, My Father is honored and glorified; and you show and prove yourselves to be true followers of Mine.
9 I have loved you [just] as the Father has loved Me; abide in My love-continue in His love with Me.
10 If you keep My commandments-if you continue to obey my instructions-you will abide in My love and live on in it; just as I have obeyed My Father's commandments and live on in His love.
11 I have told you these things that My joy and delight may be in you, and that your joy and gladness maybe full measure and complete and overflowing. (John 15:1-11).


7 The connection is maintained by obedience and prayer. To remain in Christ and to allow his words to remain in oneself means a conscious acceptance of the authority of his word and a constant contact with him by prayer. The prayer request itself must be related to a definite need and must be for an object Jesus himself would desire. Jesus never promises to gratify every chance whim believers may have. But as long as they are seeking the Lord's will for their lives, Jesus promises to grant every request that will help accomplish this end.


8 The proof of discipleship is fruitbearing (see also Matt. 7:20; Lk. 6:43-44). Just as Jesus glorified God by his life, so also his disciples will glorify God by theirs.


8-11 Love unites the disciples to Christ as branches are united to the vine. Two results stem from this relationship: obedience and joy. Obedience marks the cause of their fruitfulness; joy is it result. Jesus intends his disciples to be both spontaneous and happy rather than burdensome and boring. Obedience in carrying out his purpose gaurantess success, for Jesus never plans failure for his disciples. Joy logically follows when the disciples realize that the life of Christ in them is bringing fruit-something they could never produce in their own strength.
[NIV BIBLE COMMENTARY Volume 2: New Testament].


[http://sowersoftheword.blogspot.com].


JESUS IS LORD.






No comments:

Post a Comment